Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Bicycle Forks and other Bicycle topics.
Elastomer forks are great but they won't do you any good if you don't set them up correctly. To make sure that your elastomer fork will perform, follow these steps:
• Push the protective rubber boot up to the top of the fork leg
• Place a zip tie snugly around the bottom of the stanchion tube
• Cut off the excess and pull the boot back down over the tie
• Go for a ride and make it a point to go over some bumps
• Peel the boot up and measure how far it has moved
*Most elastomers should have 2 inches of travel. If yours moved less, soften your fork. If the fork moved too much, then adjust the other way.