Elastomer forks are great but they won't do you any good if you don't set them up correctly. To make sure that your elastomer fork will perform, follow these steps:
• Push the protective rubber boot up to the top of the fork leg
• Place a zip tie snugly around the bottom of the stanchion tube
• Cut off the excess and pull the boot back down over the tie
• Go for a ride and make it a point to go over some bumps
• Peel the boot up and measure how far it has moved
*Most elastomers should have 2 inches of travel. If yours moved less, soften your fork. If the fork moved too much, then adjust the other way.